Here’s the list of most requested items from our troops:
American Legion Post #587 needs the community support to help fund a Veterans Memorial in front of the Foresthill Veterans Memorial Hall. The post needs to raise $15,000 for the construction of the memorial which will be unveiled during the posts 75th anniversary celebration in Sept 2017. We will be conducting various fundraisers throughout the year which includes T-Shirt sales and also a personalized brick fundraiser where your brick will be placed around the Memorial. If you would like to purchase a brick or T-shirt, download the appropriate order form below and return to.
If you would like to make a cash donation, please send them to:
- Warren McKeon Post #587
- PO Box 433
- Foresthill, CA. 95631
Thank You for your support!
Don’t forget, Wednesday Night dinner is this Wednesday at the Veterans Hall in Foresthill. We will be serving Chicken Alfredo, seasonal vegetables, roll and dessert. Dinner starts at 6pm. Invite your friends to join us.
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!
Get your grills and your smokers warmed up because it’s time for the Annual American Legion Rib Cook Off. It’s going to be a great day with good friends and good food. Here are a few of the details from the Commander:
- Cost for entering cook off is $25. This includes two racks of Baby Beef Ribs
- Set up time is on Saturday from 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Smoking wood will be provide it is Apple wood for those who want it.
- Members only can cook.
- First prize is $50. Gifts to other winners.
- Judging will be between 12:30 to 1 PM.
- Public can eat starting at approx. 1 PM. ( we are asking people to PLEASE BRING A SIDE DISH to help out come early we ran out of food early last year.
- Cost to eat is $8